This passage from Muhammad was interesting to read. Specifically it was interesting how Muhammad has capitalized the word "We" in the beginning of this passage. I suppose by capitalizing we, Muhammad is speaking of the people that have grasped the concept of Islam?
From what I could gather, Muhammad is expressing to us that once a person has fully surrendered to God, he will not only have a relationship with God, but that God will be inside the person who has reached Islam. I'm not sure if I'm interpreting this correctly, but this is what I have understood.
Still, I did get a sense of fear when reading this. Muhammad states, "He is with you wherever you are...He is aware of all you do. Muhammad is trying to instill a sense of fear for the reader in my opinion. A short sentence to remind followers to be very careful of all their actions, because they are always being viewed and judged by God.
Overall this passage didn't seem too different than something I would read in regards to the Christianity. It didn't really do anything for me spiritually, but it wasn't terrible to read.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Funny you mention the fear concept. I immediately thought of The Police, and "Every Breath You Take." I know Sting was a lit. professor, and very knowledgeable in religious theory; I can't help but wonder if there wasn't a deeper theological concept in that song...
Isn't it funny, the patterns that have developed between the eastern and western religions? From Chinese to Hindo to Buddhist, there are inter-related concepts much the same as we are seeing now with Judeo-Christian-Muslim parallels. Fascinating.
Hope you are having a great weekend!
Woody
I got the same that you got out of it. That they can in a way become God, or like him. I think that is weird, you can not become God. And yes i agree that does sound a little bit frightening! It is stated in more of a mean tone, rather than a protecting one.
Post a Comment